Therapist InfoAbout Me:
I function from the fundamental belief that self-inquiry is a necessary and empowering part of living a fulfilled life. I have dedicated my career to service and entered private practice out of my commitment to quality care. Specifically, I see a need to address gaps in mental health and counseling for gay men and those affected by HIV/AIDS. Few male counselors exist, and even fewer male counselors focus on gay male issues. From both observation in my role as a clinical supervisor and as a gay man with his own counselor, I’ve found that people get much more out of counseling if they know that the professional they are working with has life experiences like their own.
I believe in a balanced approach to counseling that addresses the root causes of our outlook on life and our ability to function highly. While examining these root causes, I work with clients to develop tangible plans to make noticeable, real changes in their lives.
Find out more about the counseling and clinical supervision services I offer, the methodologies I prefer, and resources around the web.
As a Clinical Social Worker with 20 years of experience, I have functioned as an individual therapist/counselor, a supervisor, and a Clinical Director. I have experience training therapists and supervisors. I also provided Clinical Supervision for individuals seeking their license towards their L.M.F and L.C.S.W. I am trained and experienced in doing one-to-one and couple therapy with adults (18 years and over). Earlier in my career, I worked in clinics and similar settings.
I have the following qualifications:
Description of Services:
- A Masters Degree in Clinical Social Work from the University of Pittsburgh, whose program is approved by the Board of Social Work examiners
- Portland State University Adjunct Faculty Teaching “Mental health issues in Social Work” and “Social Work and Spirituality”
- MBA from Carnegie Mellon University
- Board member of the National Association of Social Workers
- OR State NASW Chair of Ethics committee
- OR state Licensed Social Worker
- PA state Licensed Social Worker
- Diplomate Clinical Social Worker (Advanced standing of Licensed Clinical Social Worker or LCSW)
- Academy of Certified Social Workers
- Certified in Labor and Industrial Social Work
- Certified Mediator, The Pittsburgh Mediation Center
- Certified in Advanced Treatment of Sexual Abuse Survivors
- 3-year advance certificate in Gestalt Psychotherapy
- 3-year advance certificate in Cognitive Therapy
- Level 2 Gottman Couples therapist
- Level 2 Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapist
- Certified Addiction Counselor
I offer several services:
Clinical Supervision (the practice of supporting other professionals in my field in reaching excellence in their clinical practice)
Counseling for Individuals (also known as therapy)
Counseling for Couples
Services and Programs on Sexuality
Spiritual DirectionCredentials & Certifications: Masters Degree in Clinical Social Work, Diplomate Clinical Social Worker (Advanced standing of Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or LCSW)Licenses: OR license L4098 PA license CW006646L
DetailsRemote Practitioner: YesPrice Range: $160 to $180 per session