Third Wave Is Hiring
PROJECT MANAGER – CONTENT
Third Wave educates the public on the importance of responsible and intentional psychedelic use. Our vision is to help co-create a global movement that embraces psychedelic use as a way to heal ourselves and our world. We do that by sharing trusted, research-based content that helps people feel safe, supported, and empowered as they follow their paths towards personal transformation.
Currently, we reach over 300K people per month and have been featured in the BBC, Forbes, and the New York Times. With the rapid growth of interest in psychedelics, we intend to expand our reach 10x within 12-18 months.
This is why we want you!
Reporting to our Managing Editor, you will be responsible for overseeing all projects related to our written content, podcasts, and videos. This includes processes that support content production, publication, and promotion to ensure all projects are delivered on time, on budget, and within scope. Please note that this is a full-time job.
Strategy and Ideation:
- Work with our Managing Editor to provide input into overall content strategy and brainstorm content ideas for our written content, podcasts, email campaigns, and videos
- Source and integrate images into all articles (including coordinating with our illustrative designer), finalize all backlinks for each post, and categorize posts appropriately
- Upload all emails into ActiveCampaign and schedule them for distribution
- Oversee further development of our essential guides, including medical reviews, translations into different languages, and coordinating content partnerships
- Manage process for repurposing content (e.g., podcast transcripts into additional blog posts; cutting up longer webinars into bite-sized videos)
- Conduct final quality assurance in advance of content publication and distribution
- Review all content to ensure it adheres to continually-evolving SEO best practices
Systems and Infrastructure:
- Set up all content projects in Asana and supervise their progress to ensure all milestones are met
- Assist with the management of user-generated content
- Keep team members informed on project progress
- Leverage and contribute to our internal processes
- 3-5 years of experience and a proven track record for managing content-related projects
- Experience working with either an online publication/community, an ad agency, and/or a digital content marketing agency
- Personal experience with psychedelics and other altered states of consciousness
- Familiarity with both Asana and ActiveCampaign is preferred
- Exceptional time management skills and an impeccable eye for detail
- A good understanding of the basics of SEO and content marketing
- Comfort working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to design complex project plans and execute according to them
- Creative problem solving, taking initiative, and knowing when to ask for help
- Passion for holistic wellness, personal responsibility, and mother nature
- Ability to be flexible within the job to ensure the best processes/systems for smooth completion of all projects
WHAT WE PROVIDE FOR YOU:
- Reasonable compensation with potential for future equity awards
- Flexible vacation policy
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team committed to co-creating a global movement that embraces psychedelic use as a way to heal ourselves and the world
- Remote-first culture that encourages work-life integration
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your CV/resume to [email protected] with the email subject line “Project Manager Content – Third Wave”
Head of Growth – Job Description
About Third Wave
Third Wave educates the public on the importance of responsible and intentional psychedelic use. Our mission is to facilitate the world’s adoption of psychedelics as useful tools for healing and transformation. We do this through well-researched online content that is widely accessible and well-branded.
Currently, we reach over 300K people per month, and have been featured in the BBC, Forbes, and the New York Times. With the rapid growth of interest in psychedelics, we intend to expand our reach 10x within 12-18 months.
As our Head of Growth, you will be responsible for all areas of growth inside of Third Wave. Our current priority is to GROW: our email list, our content reach, and our revenue.
We prefer an equity focused compensation model with a reasonable salary for our Head of Growth. Our intention is to integrate someone who is gung-ho about our mission, has personal experience microdosing, and is willing to put in the effort to develop an excellent foundation on which we can build an 8-figure company.
One more note: you’ve got to be great with numbers, systems, and data. This role is much more operational and strategic than creative. Whoever we hire as Head of Growth will constantly audit and improve core marketing KPIs across channels. This position will require extensive analytic skills.
Further Details On Your Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage overall marketing strategy and map for Third Wave
- Devise and implement evergreen marketing funnel to consistently offer the Microdosing Experience from Spring 2021 onwards
- Continue to scale Microdosing Course revenue through funnel optimization include paid ads, splinter offers, evergreen webinar funnels, and upsells
- Devise and implement segmentation strategy to grow email list size and engagement
- Develop 2-3 additional lead magnets for highly trafficked pages to build e-mail list
- Track and optimize process for opt-in forms implemented
- Track and optimize process for driving leads through top 100 pages
- Track and optimize process for converting leads on our Microdosing Course sales page
- Consult on UI/UX overhaul for Third Wave’s platform, with an eye towards improving lead generation and conversion rates
- Build in-house marketing team to further our reach
- Work with CEO, Managing Editor, Head of Product, Head Copywriter, and Head of Community to execute on the above
Not responsible for:
- Writing copy
- Designing assets
- Proven track record of optimizing information product funnels to scale revenue and case studies you can share on how you did so
- Previous experience in Growth Marketing position for an education, tech, or wellness company
- Willingness to dive deep into the nitty-gritty, with an eye towards strategic execution in the mid to long-term
- Personal experience with microdosing and high-dose psychedelic use
- Ability to design and execute complex projects
- Data and operationally driven
What We Provide For You:
- Compensation: salary + equity
- Flexible office hours
- Opportunity to craft growth funnels that will help millions of people learn about and integrate the healing potential of psychedelic medicine
- Opportunity to directly shape company culture and the company’s core products as Head of Growth