Work with Third Wave
Graphic/Web Designer – Job Description
About Third Wave
Third Wave educates the public on the importance of responsible and intentional psychedelic use. Our vision is to help co-create a global movement that embraces psychedelic use as a way to heal ourselves and our world. We do that by sharing trusted, research-based content that helps people feel safe, supported, and empowered as they follow their paths towards personal transformation.
Currently, we reach over 300K people per month and have been featured in the BBC, Forbes, and The New York Times. With the rapid growth of interest in psychedelics, we intend to expand our reach ten fold within twelve to eighteen months.
To support our mission, we’re currently looking for a part-time graphic designer with web design experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating engaging graphics that Third Wave will share with our customers and partners. In addition to possessing the skill to create arresting imagery, eye-catching graphics, and visual communication, we’re hoping you also have experience in both graphic design and psychedelic artwork.
(You can see examples of ‘psychedelic artwork’ that aligns with our brand here.)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs and psychedelic artwork.
- Design responsive layouts for the web and create style guides and specifications for implementation.
- Create visual elements such as media kits, proposal decks, giveaway collateral, social media templates, original images, and illustrations that are on-brand.
- Design layouts, including selection of colors, images, and typefaces.
- Present design concepts to the team lead.
- Incorporate changes recommended by team members into final designs.
- Create production/print-ready files, as well as web-ready files.
- Creative flair, strong visual sense, and attention to detail.
- Experience with and understanding of modern Web Design principles and the use of HTML, and CSS for responsive web design.
- Ability to take initiative, identify and resolve problems, and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work remotely and adjust to North American time zones.
- Availability to work two to six hours per week to start, with the opportunity to increase hours.
Ideally, You Also Have:
- At least three to five years of experience in graphic design in digital and print, preferably in the wellness industry.
- Complete proficiency in programs such as Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, and AfterEffects.
- One to two years’ experience of creating digital psychedelic art.
- A passion for the safe use of psychedelics and holistic lifestyles.
If you’re interested, please send an email with the subject line “GRAPHIC/WEB DESIGNER” to [email protected] with your resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio.
If this isn’t for you but you know someone who might be interested, we encourage you to send this along!
Third Wave Freelance Writer – Job Description
As contributors to the psychedelic educational process, Third Wave’s mission is to share trusted, research-based content that helps our community feel safe, supported, and empowered as they follow their paths towards personal transformation.
We’re looking for freelance writers who support our vision to help co-create a global movement that embraces psychedelic use as a way to heal ourselves and our world.
Qualified candidates should have experience writing engaging, properly referenced blog posts or articles. You should be comfortable gearing your writing to a general audience, structuring your articles in a logical way, and backing up all claims with reference sources. You should also be prepared to share suggestions, not answers. Our community is broad and it’s important to understand that one size does not fit all.
Applicants with SEO writing experience are preferred. We’re especially seeking writers who have formal education or training in mycology, neuroscience, medicine facilitation, or integration coaching.
While this is not a full-time job, writers will receive an honorarium for their work and will be bylined—giving you the opportunity to reach our audience of over 300,000 unique visitors each month. To apply, simply complete the application form.