The Third Wave Is Hiring!
We are always on the lookout for talented, driven individuals who are excited to bring their skills to push for opening up the cultural conversation around psychedelics. Open positions are listed below:
Posted: July 5th 2018
The Third Wave is looking for a driven, focused, and accountable full-stack developer to join our team. You will be playing an instrumental role in crafting the organization’s technical platform to the feature specifications required to support our mission.
This position will start out as a part-time position (between 10-20 hours per week) with potential to step into a full-time position by early-2019.
Short-term (within the next 6 months) you will be helping us craft the best website user experience possible, by doing such things as integrating our front-end stack, cleaning up our page templates and custom post types, fixing various bugs and glitches, and writing documentation.
Long-term, you will take ownership of our systems architecture maintenance, including our servers, back-end solution cross-integration and new feature deployment. You will be instrumental in shaping our technological base to support the organization in fulfilling its mission of changing the cultural conversation around psychedelics.
You will be working remotely, from wherever you wish. You must be able to self-manage your daily workflow, and be disciplined about staying on top of communications with the rest of the team, which will depend on your feedback for timelines and resolution of technical issues.
We are an all-remote team and we make use of various tools to handle internal communication. If you are not already aware of or familiar with these tools, we recommend you check them out:
- We use Asana to handle internal project management
- We use GitLab to host our development repositories and manage our development efforts
- We use Toggl to track our tim
- We use G Suite to store our digital assets and documentation, as well as our emails and internal groups
- We use Slack to communicate internally
- Solid WordPress development experience
- If a theme/plugin you developer or contributed to is currently on-the-market, that’s a plus
- Prior knowledge of Advanced Custom Fields is a plus
- Prior knowledge of Genesis Framework is a plus
- Mindset for documenting your work
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Git or other major versioning system (you will be using Git)
- Solid English speaking and writing skills
- Working hour overlap with GMT (-4 to +4) timezone.
Nice to haves:
- AWS architectural experience (+points for having set up WordPress deployments based on AWS reference architecture or derived from it)
- (Apache + Linux) You’re able to set and spin up new server deployments quickly and easily
- RESTful API development experience
- Send us your updated CV/Resume in English. LinkedIn, StackOverflow or other profiles are also welcome, as are personal portfolios
- Include code samples if you have them (github, for example)
- If you are selected to proceed for an interview, we will request you to undertake an examination
- For the examination, you will be supplied with a task extracted from our current development workflow, to evaluate your familiarity with the various technologies