Work with Third Wave
Community Manager – Job Description
About Third Wave
Third Wave educates the public on the importance of responsible and intentional psychedelic use. Our vision is to help co-create a global movement that embraces psychedelic use as a way to heal ourselves and our world. We do that by sharing trusted, research-based content that helps people feel safe, supported, and empowered as they follow their paths towards personal transformation.
Currently, we reach over 300K people per month and have been featured in the BBC, Forbes, and The New York Times. With the rapid growth of interest in psychedelics, we intend to expand our reach ten fold within twelve to eighteen months.
To support our mission, we’re currently looking for a full-time Community Manager.
As our Community Manager, you’ll be responsible for sharing Third Wave’s content and engaging our community through various channels. You’ll work with the Outreach and Partnerships Manager and will be responsible for representing Third Wave’s brand as professional and well-researched across social media and other community outlets.
Social Media Responsibilities:
- Create and publish relevant, high-quality content across social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Youtube
- Execute on social media tasks for specific marketing campaigns
- Engage following by replying to comments and messages
- Harvest and nurture partner relationships through social media channels
- Feature partner and affiliate organizations of Third Wave through our social networks and community
- Create social media graphics
- Measure and analyze social media metrics and suggest unique ways to increase engagement and traffic to Third Wave’s products and services
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Monitor the activities of like-minded brands on social media platforms
Other Community Engagement Responsibilities:
- Manage and moderate the public forum for Third Wave community
- Execute AMA expert interview process
- Support giveaways and challenges
- Approve and reply to blog comments
- Share unique, creative ideas to amplify Third Wave’s audience and reach
- Organize and execute campaigns to share psychedelic stories/experiences across Third Wave channels
- Help spread the word about Third Wave’s directory and featured coaches, therapists, clinics, and retreats
- Manage outreach and support for influencer marketing campaigns
- Add Third Wave courses to relevant marketplaces
What We’re Looking For:
- Three to five years of experience in social media and community management, preferably in the wellness and/or psychedelic industry
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- Strong time management skills and deadline oriented
- Ability to work remotely and adjust to North American time zones
- A creative flair, strong visual sense, and an attention to detail
- A passion for the safe use of psychedelics and holistic lifestyles
- Available to work 30-35 hours per week
Please send us an email with the subject line “COMMUNITY MANAGER” to [email protected] with your resume and cover-letter.