Third Wave Is Hiring a Marketing Manager
Marketing Manager – Job Description
The Third Wave educates the public on the importance of responsible and intentional psychedelic use. Our mission is to facilitate the world’s adoption of psychedelics as useful tools for healing and transformation. We do this through well-researched online content that is widely accessible and well-branded.
Currently, we reach over 500K people per month, and have been featured in the BBC, Forbes, and the New York Times. With the rapid growth of interest in psychedelics, we aim to expand our reach 10x within 12-18 months.
Our current priority as an organization is to increase revenue from our Official Microdosing Course.
We have an under-optimized marketing presence at Third Wave. Currently, we get over 500K people per month to the website but only generate approximately 10K in revenue per month. We have put minimal energy into marketing over the past year and believe now is the time to go all-in on scaling our Official Microdosing Course.
For this reason, your core responsibilities will largely involve ideation, implemention, and iteration on three key metrics for our Official Microdosing Course:
- Number of leads by increasing size of our email list
- Conversion rate of those leads into our Microdosing Course
- Increasing customer lifetime value by implementing upsells, downsells and cross-sells
We prefer to hire a Marketing Manager who wants to put skin in the game. Our intention is to integrate someone who is gung-ho about our mission, has personal experience microdosing, and is willing to put in the effort to develop an excellent marketing foundation on which we can build an 8-figure company.
One more note: you’ve got to be great with numbers, systems, and data. This role is much more operational and strategic than creative.
Further Details On Your responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the creation of our Q3 – Q4 2020 marketing roadmap, including strategy and plan of execution for 3x revenue from 10K per month to 30K per month
- Develop an execution plan to leverage testimonials for content marketing of Microdosing Course
- Integrate upsells, downsells, splinter offers, and cross-sells into our current funnel
- Develop 2-3 additional lead magnets for highly trafficked pages to build an e-mail list
- Track and optimize the process for opt-in forms implemented
- Track and optimize the process for driving leads through top 100 pages
- Track and optimize the process for converting leads on our Microdosing Course sales page
- Consult on UI/UX overhaul for Third Wave’s platform, with an eye towards improving lead generation and conversion rates
- Implement all of the above for future course offerings
Not responsible for:
- Implementing paid advertising
- Writing copy
- Designing assets
- Proven track record of optimizing course funnels to scale revenue quickly
- Previous experience in marketing for education, tech, or wellness company
- Interdisciplinary background in science, philosophy, business, and ethics
- Willingness to dive deep into the nitty-gritty, with an eye towards strategic execution in the mid to long-term
- Personal experience with microdosing and high-dose psychedelic use
- Ability to design complex project plans and execute according to them
- Data and operationally driven
What We Provide For You:
- Stipend + significant rev-share for first three months
- Future opportunity for equity
- Flexible office hours
- Opportunity to craft marketing funnels that will help millions of people learn about and integrate the healing potential of psychedelic medicine
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the email subject line “Marketing Manager – Third Wave”. In your cover letter, please address why you’re interested in working with Third Wave, skills and experience that make you a good fit, and your greatest personal insight from intentional psychedelic use.