THIRD WAVE PODCAST
Inside the Campaign to Legalize Psilocybin Therapy in Oregon
Tom and Sheri Eckert
In this podcast, Paul F. Austin, founder of Third Wave, speaks with husband-and-wife team Tom and Sheri Eckert—seasoned psychotherapists, founders of the Oregon Psilocybin Society, and architects of the Psilocybin Service Initiative of Oregon (Yes on 109), a statewide ballot initiative campaign to legalize psilocybin-assisted therapy. Here you’ll find an inside glimpse into their vision to make psilocybin therapy available not just for people with particular mental health diagnoses, but for the general public as well (with some exceptions).
Husband-and-wife team Tom and Sheri Eckert are seasoned psychotherapists, founders of the Oregon Psilocybin Society, and architects of the Psilocybin Service Initiative of Oregon (Yes on 109), a statewide ballot initiative campaign to legalize psilocybin-assisted therapy.
- The Psilocybin Service Initiative, IP 34, and the campaign to legalize psilocybin therapy in Oregon.
- Paving the way for smart, safe, and facilitated psychedelic therapy.
- Shifting how people are treated for mental health issues and addiction.
- Expanding psilocybin’s accessibility to the general public.
- Why IP 34 wants to license facilitators to develop their own organic extractions.
- Adopting a community-based framework focused on competence, best practices, and ethics.
- Melding ancient wisdom to modern medicine to create a new culture.
- The critical role of education to destigmatize psychedelic use.