& The Third Wave
It’s important to us that you — the reader, community member, and supporter — understand how we’re able to do the work we do at The Third Wave.
The Third Wave is a non-profit. We are currently in the application process for 501(c)3 status. As a non-profit, any revenue we generate must be used in service of our mission: to increase psychedelic literacy via microdosing research, accessible education, and community engagement.
When The Third Wave was just beginning, we relied on the inspiring commitment of an amazing group of individuals. That commitment took the form of major financial sacrifices and donations of their time. To grow our impact, we must expand our operations. Likewise, we believe team members should be fairly compensated for their work, that high professional standards should extend to the psychedelic space, and that research won’t fund itself.
In light of that, The Third Wave has implemented several different ways of generating revenue, all explained below:
Our Products and Services
Both via Patreon and larger, individual pledges. If you’re interested in becoming a donor, we encourage you to contact Founder and Executive Director Paul Austin by emailing him directly at [email protected].
Referral Agreements and Affiliates
The Third Wave cannot meet all the needs of everyone that comes to our website. That’s why we have selectively developed referral agreements and affiliate relationships with organizations whose products and/or services we can vouch for. When you purchase a product or service using the referral links or coupon codes we provide, we receive compensation. In some instances, purchasing through us in this way gives you access to discounts you otherwise might not receive.
Here’s how we vet our referral partners and affiliates:
- Direct conversations with the organization. We speak with the organization’s leadership to assess the soundness of their operations, commitment to their work, and alignment with our values.
- Personal experience. Unless we’ve experienced something ourselves, we won’t endorse it (if we deviate from this, we will always include clear caveats). For example, unless a member of The Third Wave has attended a retreat, we will not recommend that you consider it.
- Community feedback. We actively seek feedback from everyone in our community to help us identify potential partners and ensure the quality of their work.
- Expert network. We rely on our network of experts in various fields to help us assess the validity and value of any product or service we endorse.
We will always make it clear when we’re offering a link to one of our referral partners or affiliates. We greatly appreciate it when you support us in this manner.
It’s important that we’re up front about who our partners are. Here’s an up-to-date list of our referral partners and affiliates:
- Synthesis. Legal psilocybin retreats in Amsterdam.
- TestKitPlus. Drug testing kits.
- Kahpi. Ayahuasca education.
- Inner Depth Audio (coupon “ThirdWave” for 30% discount). Binaural brainwave entrainment.
- Foursigmatic (coupon “thirdwave” for 15% discount). Medicinal mushroom tea and coffee.
- Natural Stacks. Vitamins and supplements.
- Fourcornerscannabis (coupon code “thirdwavecbd” for 10% discount). CBD-based products.
- Viome. Microbiome analysis.
Additionally, from time to time, we may suggest that an individual consider working with a therapist or other mental health professional. This is not professional advice and we DO NOT receive compensation for these recommendations.
It’s also important to us that we only recommend products or services of the highest quality available. As such, if there’s anything you think we should know about a referral partner or affiliate (positive or negative), please reach out to us at [email protected]. We promise to keep your feedback confidential.
Lastly, opinions presented on this site are those of The Third Wave, or our team of writers as individuals, who at times may publish their own opinions on our site. We would never claim to speak on behalf of any of our affiliates or strategic partners.
If you have any questions about what we’ve detailed above, please don’t hesitate to contact us via [email protected].